Book an Evaluation Lesson
Are you ready to book a lesson? I’m looking forward to meeting you and hearing you sing!
Please read this page carefully so we can have a great first lesson together.
To book a lesson you need to complete my booking form, and select your lesson time and date.
Note that due to the current pandemic, all lessons are online until it’s safe to sing together in person again!
What will I get from an evaluation lesson?
In your evaluation lesson, we will start by getting to know each other.
- You can tell me about what made you want singing lessons, what you hope to learn, what you like to sing. I can help you clarify and articulate your singing challenges and goals.
- I will tell you about my teaching style, how I’ll make that work for you and your specific goals, and what lessons look like.
- We will do some warm ups, and I’ll take you through some exercises, personalised on the spot based on what I hear, so I can get to know your voice. You’ll sing the song you prepared for me.
- I’ll give you feedback about what I think we could work on together, and how we would go about that.
- You can ask all your questions!
Prepare a Song
Please prepare a song to sing for me, so that I can get to know your voice and your level. It can be anything you love to sing! If you can sing it by heart, that would be great, but if you need the words, that’s ok too. Please plan to sing unaccompanied, or with a backing track.
And don’t worry, it’s normal to be a bit nervous!
How online lessons work
I use the web application Zoom for all online lessons. When you book your lesson, the confirmation email will have a link to your Zoom lesson. You can connect to Zoom either via a browser on your computer, or via the Zoom app on your phone or tablet.
If you aren’t sure about how to set this up I will provide support to get you ready to go!
Prepare Your Space
Choose a room for your lesson that is quiet where you will be undisturbed.
Set up your device so that you can stand comfortably without looking up or down at the screen. You can prop it up on a bookshelf, kitchen bar, or mantlepiece, for example.
If you have headphones, usually they help improve the sound quality of the connection – but also it’s fine if you don’t!
Bookings & Payment
To book a lesson you need to:
- Read this agreement and complete the form
- Choose a lesson time in my calendar, and pay to book it
You’ll receive an automatic confirmation email, and I’ll send you an invoice as receipt of payment.
When Can I Book A Lesson?
I teach Tuesday-Friday, with lesson times variously available from 10am to 8:30pm Central European Timezone (CET).
My students have regular lesson times, so I generally have similar lesson times available. Try to choose a time for your evaluation lesson that you could do regularly if you choose to become a member of my studio!
You may reschedule your evaluation lesson up to two times, as long as you do so at least 48 hours before your booking.
Cancellations less than 48 hours before your lesson will not be refunded. Missed lessons will also not be refunded.
How Much Does it Cost?
Evaluation lesson costs include my preparation for our time together, my trained ears and specialised knowledge from years of study and experience, to evaluate your specific vocal needs, and the personalised feedback I can provide you.
- Children and Teens: 75€/45 mins
- Adults: 90€/60 mins
You will need to pay for your lesson in advance to confirm your booking.
No Obligations & Waiting List
In booking and taking an evaluation lesson with me, you are under no obligation to become a member at my studio or to continue with lessons.
Equally though, I’m under no obligation to find a place for you in my schedule straight away. It’s my priority to have the time and energy to give my all to my students, but to do so, I have to cap the number of students I take on. Students who have completed an evaluation lesson will be placed on my waiting list and given the opportunity to register with the studio when a spot opens up.
Evaluation lessons don’t expire – you can have an evaluation lesson with me in September 2020 and not register for my studio until 2021. Students who have already had an evaluation lesson get priority for registration, after currently registered students.
After your evaluation lesson
What happens after my lesson?
If we both decide to go ahead with lessons together, I will give you access to my online registration portal so you can register as a Kea student. (See my lessons page for why I named my memberships after NZ birds!)
We will choose a permanent lesson time that suits both of us. If the studio schedule is full, I will put you on my waiting list.
We can start weekly lessons as soon as possible once we’ve found you a lesson time.
Become a Kea
- New or returning student
- Weekly lessons during the academic year (32 teaching weeks)
- 10 equal monthly payments
- Regular lesson time slot that’s ‘yours’
- Access to my studio online learning space
- Individually personalised online learning space
Ready to sing? Book a lesson here.
If you’re all set to join me for an evaluation lesson, please complete the relevant form below and book in your lesson time! You’re nearly done 🙂
1. Adult Evaluation Lesson
1. Child/Teen Evaluation Lesson Booking Form
2. Book and pay for your lesson
2. Book and pay for your child/teen's lesson
Come to my blog for singing tips, performance reviews, and all things singing!